These past few weeks I’ve:
– made the 14-hour train trek back home, and then the 14 hours back. Done so happily to celebrated the season with family and friends, good food, and a whole lot of wine (yum. It’s also how I survive the winter.)
– been frustrated with the short days and the stupidly dark and blurry pictures that come of it. Not to mention the effect on my energy levels. But now, thankful that the days are getting longer!
– had a love-affair with kale, and the old trains bringing back childhood memories with their worn mirrors and old-school bathrooms. Those who’ve been on those trains will know what I mean.
– gotten cozy with magazines and new socks at the ER for hours of waiting to be seen for a ill-timed throat infection.
– gone to work dressed as a circus princess. Please tell me I’m not the only one who’s gotten dressed by putting on favorite individual objects (oo, yes I feel like pink tights today, oh and I like this belt, and I do like this dress, etc, etc.) only to find yourself surprised at what you’ve put on *together* when confronted with a mirror later that day?
– made progress on my Geithus lace knit top. Still the softest yarn in the world, and not as stripy as I was fearing thankfully.
subscribe & keep in touch
looking for something?
what i do
I'm working on developing a range of home sewing patterns, and I'd love your help to test the patterns sometime this spring/summer! Sign up right here!
working on- Geithus Lace Knit Top Pattern
- The Birch Blouse Pattern
- Minoru jacket
- Beignet skirt
- February fitted pullover
runningstarted: January 2012 (rain and cold)
started again: July 2012 (new shoes)
stopped again: September 2012 (knee pain)
5k: goal November 2012
10k: goal March 2013