These past few weeks, I have been…
– taking some blueish and blurry pictures to share with you. It’s still dark outside whenever I’m not at work (which also limits a lot of picture-taking to the weekends still), but for the first time now it’s not dark when I *leave* work! Small victories.
– eating green things. We brought back some jugs of our freshly made olive oil from my parents house, and man that stuff is green and bright and peppery! It was especially good drizzled over a bowl of white winter vegetable soup (that is, potatoes, celery root, and parsley root. And lots of cream), with some feld salad to top it off. Feld salad also goes by the names of field salad, lamb’s lettuce, corn salad, and mâche.
– riding a wave of drive and inner calm, and while I’m not quite sure where it’s coming from, I do hope it will stick around. I’ve been clearing off surfaces, tackling projects, and feeling determined rather than overwhelmed. It feels very good. I have been deep cleaning just one small area a day (a table, a shelf, a windowsill), and adding function – I now finally have a place to store my jewellery! Those are soap-dishes from Ikea holding all my earrings now, sitting pretty in the bedroom windowsill. Also, getting back into projects from way back – after a year of hiatus I’ve cut the lining for my Minoru jacket, and I’m so looking forward to getting it done. It will be purple and cozy.
– dressing for the cold with strategic layers – that tiny pocket tank I’m wearing backwards is hiding the high neckline of my thermal longsleeved underlayer, haha!
– reading again. “The Devil and the White city” is about the 1893 World Expo in Chicago, and it’s making me miss the city, look up buildings and addresses, and relive my Windy city years. I haven’t read fiction in such a long time, but that too is feeling so good.
subscribe & keep in touch
looking for something?
what i do
I'm working on developing a range of home sewing patterns, and I'd love your help to test the patterns sometime this spring/summer! Sign up right here!
working on- Geithus Lace Knit Top Pattern
- The Birch Blouse Pattern
- Minoru jacket
- Beignet skirt
- February fitted pullover
runningstarted: January 2012 (rain and cold)
started again: July 2012 (new shoes)
stopped again: September 2012 (knee pain)
5k: goal November 2012
10k: goal March 2013