After a spring best characterized as an extended winter, summer has all of a sudden appeared. I’m under no illusions that it will last, so with a glorious 4-day weekend (Constitution day fell on a Friday, followed by Pentecost weekend, with Monday being a public holiday), we’ve dropped everything and are spending as much time outside on our patio as possible.
These past few weeks, I have been…
– looking for the details while trying to find refuge from a day-to-day lacking routine.
– eating fresh bread for “kveldsmat” and wrapping cheese in cloth instead of plastic. So far, some hardened edges, but way better than mold.
– wearing sandals and sporting bare legs, oh my!
– collecting little moments of summer preparations, a marching band in front of the university museum, colors, and random tableaus.
– bouncing from sewing project to sewing project, and not really feeling too inspired by any of them. It will come back. In the meanwhile, mending, patching, and little fixes.