These past weeks, I have been…
– accepting that winter has come. It is bringing with it a little snow, and if we’re lucky, some sunny days. It’s time to bundle up with layers of sweaters and scarves and mittens and hats, and seek out winter-activities; sculpture spotting, gingerbread cities, hot chocolate in abundance…
– eating soups made with our fancy new stick blender. Those things are awesome! Hummus is super quick to make now, and of course… the soups. In the picture is a sellery root & potato soup with mushrooms and a whole lot of fresh olive oil.
– marvelling at the intense green color of our fresh oil. It’s peppery like nothing else, and has a kick like a neat whiskey.
– knitting along on the hat that I mentioned. I am so thrilled with the fancy looking cables I’m managing. It’s in a delicious merino & alpacca yarn that I think will be perfect for the winter.
– getting some smaller sewing projects out of the way before digging into a bigger project. I have a couple of Grainline Tiny Tanks going and a portrait blouse, and a few secret-for-now gifts.
– reading newspapers, since I started a subscription to a weekly paper. I love having subscriptions!